Welcome to BREC Dressage!
She has owned and operated a thriving dressage and sales business, BREC Dressage, for more than 15 years. She is an active instructor and competitor traveling nationwide to dressage competitions. Tyra has vast experience working with Friesians in dressage as well as FEI level mounts, starting young horses, and establishing a solid foundation for all classical dressage work.
Tyra teaches students from Training Level through FEI, based on the Classical Training Scale, tailored to the abilities of each individual. Tyra believes that developing the rider is priority in her teaching. Trust, confidence and relaxation are the results for both horse and rider. She continues her own riding education by attending clinics with top dressage instructors and feels that continuous education is the key to success.
BREC Dressage is situated on 35 beautifully manicured acres in Ocala, FL. Exceptionally constructed, with the finest attention to detail, this state of the art equestrian professional’s dream features every amenity for both horse and rider. Our facility includes a 100×220 arena, 30+ turn-out paddocks, 3 barns – one of which is the show barn, a round pen, indoor wash stations, viewing lounge, jump fields and a covered arena!
All horses on site, including those that are getting trained for clients, get top of the line care and attention 24/7. We offer exceptional care for your horse. Owner lives on the property. We offer a feed program customized to your horses needs, top quality hay, and daily turnout in big grassy paddocks.
Tyra is accepting clients at BREC Dressage in Ocala, FL and booking clinic dates. She can also help you find the horse of your dreams. Whether you need a suitable first level horse or are looking for an FEI schoolmaster.
What our clients say about us
- Chelsey Miller recently trained my horse so that now I am enjoying my riding more than ever. She has the knowledge and experience to analyze and deliver just what the horse needs and does so in a compassionate respectful way. Thank you Chelsey, our training and lessons have been awesome! - Sheila
- I highly recommend Tyra Vernon and every member of her team at BREC. I have been very pleased with lessons, horse care, facilities management and show coaching. Tyra has coached me with both my Grand Prix KWPN schoolmaster and my training/first level Lusitano youngster. Tyra is very generous in encouraging her clients to take clinics and lessons with other trainers and hosts regular clinics with well-known clinicians. Tyra promotes a positive, warm and welcoming barn where we feel like we belong. - Karin Lunau
- I am a long term resident of BREC with Kerryann Schade as my trainer. Some have described me as a cantankerous chestnut mare. I prefer to think of myself as an independent thinker. I began my working life as an event horse and in developing my dressage skills, I find I am increasingly comfortable in this vocation. (I avoid the term “discipline”) Kerryann has patiently and kindly, I am told, helped me realize a less frantic way to work. I even get to do this little move that I delighted in as I thought it was naughty. She calls it piaffe! I get sugar, she smiles, and we all win! I really love living here and I think you will too! - Mrs. Money Penny - Irish Draft Horse, AKA, a Mare’s Mare
- Kerryann is an excellent trainer and instructor. She is very knowledgeable and patiently gives me the push I need to improve my riding. She has helped me tremendously. - Marcia Armstrong
- Kerryann has been my trainer and coach for several years. Although I originally had no intentions of competing , Kerryann has developed both me and my horse into a competent partnership in the arena. Kerryann is dedicated to our growth. I love her down –to- earth approach; she is a positive instructor and supportive of her clients. We have qualified for regionals this year at two levels thanks to her outstanding skills. - Betty Jo Bock
- When I came to Florida to look for a place to bring my horse and train in the winter, I picked Tyra Vernon’s BREC dressage because of the friendly atmosphere and professional attitude. It wasn’t until I actually got there with my horse and had my first lessons with Tyra that I realized I had struck gold. After many years of riding dressage, I had only barely made it to third level with my current dressage partner. Tyra, with her positive attitude and expert teaching skills, was able to get us solidly into third level and then fourth level in the first winter season we spent at BREC. The following season, we moved up to the FEI level, successfully showing at Prix St George and at the end of the season trying “just for kicks” an Intermediare 1 test and doing well. We are now schooling the Grand Prix. Tyra has developed an extensive toolbox through her own experience riding and training a large number and variety of horses. She has considerable show experience and knows what the judges are looking for in the dressage ring. That knowledge and her positive attitude in her teaching have helped me achieve success with my horse beyond my wildest dreams. I can’t wait to come back for more riding fun next season. - Karin and Flint