Welcome to BREC Dressage!
She has owned and operated a thriving dressage and sales business, BREC Dressage, for more than 15 years. She is an active instructor and competitor traveling nationwide to dressage competitions. Tyra has vast experience working with Friesians in dressage as well as FEI level mounts, starting young horses, and establishing a solid foundation for all classical dressage work.
Tyra teaches students from Training Level through FEI, based on the Classical Training Scale, tailored to the abilities of each individual. Tyra believes that developing the rider is priority in her teaching. Trust, confidence and relaxation are the results for both horse and rider. She continues her own riding education by attending clinics with top dressage instructors and feels that continuous education is the key to success.
BREC Dressage is situated on 35 beautifully manicured acres in Ocala, FL. Exceptionally constructed, with the finest attention to detail, this state of the art equestrian professional’s dream features every amenity for both horse and rider. Our facility includes a 100×220 arena, 30+ turn-out paddocks, 3 barns – one of which is the show barn, a round pen, indoor wash stations, viewing lounge, jump fields and a covered arena!
All horses on site, including those that are getting trained for clients, get top of the line care and attention 24/7. We offer exceptional care for your horse. Owner lives on the property. We offer a feed program customized to your horses needs, top quality hay, and daily turnout in big grassy paddocks.
Tyra is accepting clients at BREC Dressage in Ocala, FL and booking clinic dates. She can also help you find the horse of your dreams. Whether you need a suitable first level horse or are looking for an FEI schoolmaster.
What our clients say about us
- We first came to BREC Dressage after a disastrous encounter with another barn in Florida. Tyra welcomed our 4 Friesians into the barn as family. Our horses thrived, and advanced rapidly where they had been stalled before. BREC is clean, well ordered and kept in the state I would aspire to keep my own farm. The staff is friendly, helpful and never condescending. Tyra has helped us advance our breeding endeavors. She has been instrumental in assisting us in the sale of our foals and she has helped us define our future direction in the horse world. We cannot recommend BREC Dressage enough. When he arrived at BREC Dressage, our horse Apostle was foretold to amount to nothing. Kerryann has taken him to become a beautiful, intelligent steed who seeks only to please, now competing in the 4-3 and the PSG. She understands his mind and motivation, and we could not find a better trainer anywhere. - John Hines
- I am a long term resident of BREC with Kerryann Schade as my trainer. Some have described me as a cantankerous chestnut mare. I prefer to think of myself as an independent thinker. I began my working life as an event horse and in developing my dressage skills, I find I am increasingly comfortable in this vocation. (I avoid the term “discipline”) Kerryann has patiently and kindly, I am told, helped me realize a less frantic way to work. I even get to do this little move that I delighted in as I thought it was naughty. She calls it piaffe! I get sugar, she smiles, and we all win! I really love living here and I think you will too! - Mrs. Money Penny - Irish Draft Horse, AKA, a Mare’s Mare
- Chelsey is a technically correct rider. She is a very effective, thoughtful horse trainer. I have found her to be a challenging but kind instructor. Most of all, my horse really likes her. - Trish Keller
- Tyra did a great job with my stallion. She was able to show him 4th level and school most of PSG when other trainers told me that he did not have the ability to progress to FEI level. Tyra has a natural talent to bond with her horses and understand how each horse needs to proceed in their training to make it an enjoyable learning experience. The result is blue ribbons in the show ring. - Barbara SchwartzBarbara Schwartz
- Kerryann has been my trainer and coach for several years. Although I originally had no intentions of competing , Kerryann has developed both me and my horse into a competent partnership in the arena. Kerryann is dedicated to our growth. I love her down –to- earth approach; she is a positive instructor and supportive of her clients. We have qualified for regionals this year at two levels thanks to her outstanding skills. - Betty Jo Bock
- My experience at BREC has been memorable. The dedication of the BREC trainers is great at all levels of dressage and there is always an ample choice of top-notch clinicians on a regular basis. Tyra herself is a knowledgeable, successful and frequent competitor. She knows how to produce well-prepared riders. In addition to the training, there is a wonderful camaraderie among boarders and staff. It is a pleasure for me to associate with BREC. - Peggy