Welcome to BREC Dressage!
She has owned and operated a thriving dressage and sales business, BREC Dressage, for more than 15 years. She is an active instructor and competitor traveling nationwide to dressage competitions. Tyra has vast experience working with Friesians in dressage as well as FEI level mounts, starting young horses, and establishing a solid foundation for all classical dressage work.
Tyra teaches students from Training Level through FEI, based on the Classical Training Scale, tailored to the abilities of each individual. Tyra believes that developing the rider is priority in her teaching. Trust, confidence and relaxation are the results for both horse and rider. She continues her own riding education by attending clinics with top dressage instructors and feels that continuous education is the key to success.
BREC Dressage is situated on 35 beautifully manicured acres in Ocala, FL. Exceptionally constructed, with the finest attention to detail, this state of the art equestrian professional’s dream features every amenity for both horse and rider. Our facility includes a 100×220 arena, 30+ turn-out paddocks, 3 barns – one of which is the show barn, a round pen, indoor wash stations, viewing lounge, jump fields and a covered arena!
All horses on site, including those that are getting trained for clients, get top of the line care and attention 24/7. We offer exceptional care for your horse. Owner lives on the property. We offer a feed program customized to your horses needs, top quality hay, and daily turnout in big grassy paddocks.
Tyra is accepting clients at BREC Dressage in Ocala, FL and booking clinic dates. She can also help you find the horse of your dreams. Whether you need a suitable first level horse or are looking for an FEI schoolmaster.
What our clients say about us
- I have been boarding and training at BREC for a year now, and I’ve never been happier since I started competing again 8 years ago. Not only have we been successful in the show ring because of the wonderful instruction received, but my horse also gets great care and the friendships with the other boarders will last a lifetime. Tyra and the other professionals at BREC set such a positive, upbeat tone and I look forward to my rides every time, even though I drive 54 miles each way to do so. Thank you so much, Tyra! - JB
- I highly recommend Tyra Vernon and every member of her team at BREC. I have been very pleased with lessons, horse care, facilities management and show coaching. Tyra has coached me with both my Grand Prix KWPN schoolmaster and my training/first level Lusitano youngster. Tyra is very generous in encouraging her clients to take clinics and lessons with other trainers and hosts regular clinics with well-known clinicians. Tyra promotes a positive, warm and welcoming barn where we feel like we belong. - Karin Lunau
- We first came to BREC Dressage after a disastrous encounter with another barn in Florida. Tyra welcomed our 4 Friesians into the barn as family. Our horses thrived, and advanced rapidly where they had been stalled before. BREC is clean, well ordered and kept in the state I would aspire to keep my own farm. The staff is friendly, helpful and never condescending. Tyra has helped us advance our breeding endeavors. She has been instrumental in assisting us in the sale of our foals and she has helped us define our future direction in the horse world. We cannot recommend BREC Dressage enough. When he arrived at BREC Dressage, our horse Apostle was foretold to amount to nothing. Kerryann has taken him to become a beautiful, intelligent steed who seeks only to please, now competing in the 4-3 and the PSG. She understands his mind and motivation, and we could not find a better trainer anywhere. - John Hines
- Kerryann has been my trainer and coach for several years. Although I originally had no intentions of competing , Kerryann has developed both me and my horse into a competent partnership in the arena. Kerryann is dedicated to our growth. I love her down –to- earth approach; she is a positive instructor and supportive of her clients. We have qualified for regionals this year at two levels thanks to her outstanding skills. - Betty Jo Bock
- I am a long term resident of BREC with Kerryann Schade as my trainer. Some have described me as a cantankerous chestnut mare. I prefer to think of myself as an independent thinker. I began my working life as an event horse and in developing my dressage skills, I find I am increasingly comfortable in this vocation. (I avoid the term “discipline”) Kerryann has patiently and kindly, I am told, helped me realize a less frantic way to work. I even get to do this little move that I delighted in as I thought it was naughty. She calls it piaffe! I get sugar, she smiles, and we all win! I really love living here and I think you will too! - Mrs. Money Penny - Irish Draft Horse, AKA, a Mare’s Mare
- Chelsey Miller recently trained my horse so that now I am enjoying my riding more than ever. She has the knowledge and experience to analyze and deliver just what the horse needs and does so in a compassionate respectful way. Thank you Chelsey, our training and lessons have been awesome! - Sheila